Upcoming Events are listed below.
To register for any program, please contact our assistant, Susan at 776-7898.
For more information or questions about programs, please contact our director, Kristi, at 261-5831 or email by clicking here
The aim of all our events is to help you enrich and deepen your relationship with Christ and his Church.
CATHERINE OF SIENNA: A WOMAN FOR OUR TIMES
Friday January 24 at 1 pm in the Church. Sr. Nancy Murray brings Catherine of Sienna to life. Donations accepted.
A QUIET REVOLUTION: RAYMOND E. BROWN AND THE CATHOLIC BIBLICAL RENEWAL
Monday February 10 at 6:30 pm in the Church Hall. A lecture by Fr. Donald Senior, followed by a reception.
LENT: LOOSING THE WEIGHT OF THE WORLD
Wednesday, March 18 from 9 am - 11 am in the Ministry Center Hall. A morning of reflection led by Sr. Janet Schaeffler.
Books and Bagels:
Ongoing Scripture Study: Letter to the Romans
Mondays January 13 through March 30, at 7 pm, in the Ministry Center Hall.
The One Thing is Three (Fr. Gaitley)
Join in this study on Tuesdays, January 14 to March 17, from 9am - 11am in the Ministry Center Hall.
Women Doctors of the Church
Join in this study on Mondays, February 3 to March 16, from 10:30 am - 12 Noon in the Ministry Center Hall.
Pivotal Players (Bishop Barron)
Fulton Sheen on March 11, at 9:15 am and 6:30 pm in the Ministry Center Hall.
Flannery O'Connor on April 8, at 9:15 am and 6:30 pm in the Ministry Center Hall.
Catholic Moms' Group
For moms of kids from birth to teen, this group meets monthly for fellowship and discussion during the school year. Each month includes a storytime and activity for the young ones, and coffee and fellowship for the moms.
2020 Monthly meetings are on Thursday mornings from 10am - 11 am (with theme listed):
- January 9, in the Annex (Epiphany: Three Kings celebration)
- February 13, in the Annex (Valentine's Day)
- March 12, in the Ministry Center Hall (St. Patrick's Day)
- April 9, in the Ministry Center Hall (Holy Week and Easter)
The group also hosts family events and moms night out at different times, in conjunction with the Family Faith Program. Call Kristi for details: 261.5831.
CENTERING PRAYER - a weekly prayer group that meets Fridays from 9 - 10:30 am - all year round! Twenty minutes of silent, contemplative prayer, followed by fellowship and learning. Learn more about this general style of prayer online here.
- Lectio Divina -November 14 through March 30. Thursdays, 11 am, Ministry Center Room 8. A group for beginners to learn what Lectio is all about. An introductory explanation can be found here or here with a short video as well, but also know that experiencing it is the best way to learn it.
- SMALL CHRISTIAN COMMUNITIES: weekly gatherings to reflect on the upcoming Sunday Scripture at Mass. A few groups meet year round, but most are seasonal for Lent or Advent. More information is here.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is Adult Faith Formation and Enrichment?
- A ministry designed for adult learners on various aspects of the Catholic faith.
What type of programs or events are there?
¨ Weekly study series (Bible, Church History, Catholicism, Spirituality)
¨ One time lectures from qualified persons
¨ Reflection or Retreat days
¨ Regular prayer groups or Small Christian Communities
¨ Move Nights
¨ Special, interactive events
Who can attend? Is there a fee?
¨ Any adult can attend, Catholic or not.
¨ Fees vary depending on materials (check individual listing)
¨ Some programs are free or donation based.
Who do I contact to find out more about the programs and events?
¨ Our director, Kristi, is happy to speak with you! Just callor email her at: kristi (at) saintwilliam (dot) com