Adult Faith Formation
Upcoming Events are listed below.
To register for any program, please contact our assistant, Susan at 776-7898.
For more information or questions about programs, please contact our director, Kristi, at 261-5831 or email by clicking here
The aim of all our events is to help you enrich and deepen your relationship with Christ and his Church.
Click the date and location for more information about each event!
Books and Bagels
Mark Your Calendars - More information coming soon!
- Gospel Dramas by Frank Runyeon: Luke, Stories on the Road (January 10th) and Signs, the Gospel of John (January 13)
- The Best is Yet to Be, retreat by Sr. Janet Schaeffler (February 21)
- The Problem of Evil, lecture by Fr. Tom Dailey, osfs (February 27)
- Catholic Nonviolence Retreat, week of March 25th
Winter Session Study Series
- Bishop Barron’s “The Mass”
- Catholics Welcome Home, 1-8 to 2-19, led by Kristi and team
- 33 Days- Consoling the Heart of Jesus
- Alternative Orthodoxy
- Church History: Tradition and Innovation
- Writing Your Spiritual Autobiography
CENTERING PRAYER - a weekly prayer group that meets Fridays from 9 - 10:30 am - all year round! Twenty minutes of silent, contemplative prayer, followed by fellowship and learning. Learn more about this general style of prayer online here.
MOM'S GROUP - a weekly discussion and fellowship group that includes little kids playing at our feet. The Group is open to moms of babies through teenagers (not everyone brings a little one to the meeting). Activities include: reading short articles or chapters and discussing them; organizing service events for families; prayer and general support, and don't forget drinking coffee or tea and refereeing toy disputes! Book and discussion topics vary. For more information about our group, please contact Kristi at 239-261-5831
- SMALL CHRISTIAN COMMUNITIES: weekly gatherings to reflect on the upcoming Sunday Scripture at Mass. A few groups meet year round, but most are seasonal for Lent or Advent. More information is here.
- WOMEN'S BIBLE DISCUSSION - a weekly gathering on Tuesdays, from 7 pm -8:30 pm that rotates various bible studies and reflections. Current title: Born to Soar. Books available onsite for $10 each. Self facilitating group, organized by Corrine Anderson and Lisa Wroble.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is Adult Faith Formation and Enrichment?
- A ministry designed for adult learners on various aspects of the Catholic faith.
What type of programs or events are there?
¨ Weekly study series (Bible, Church History, Catholicism, Spirituality)
¨ One time lectures from qualified persons
¨ Reflection or Retreat days
¨ Regular prayer groups or Small Christian Communities
¨ Move Nights
¨ Special, interactive events
Who can attend? Is there a fee?
¨ Any adult can attend, Catholic or not.
¨ Fees vary depending on materials (check individual listing)
¨ Some programs are free or donation based.
Who do I contact to find out more about the programs and events?
¨ Our director, Kristi, is happy to speak with you! Just call 239-261-5831 or email her at: kristi (at) saintwilliam (dot) com